September 20th, 2011 4:43 pm |
Weight loss that is!! So as many of you know I have been on a journey the last couple of months dealing with the recovery after my heart attack on Memorial Day weekend. I made large changes to my diet and started working out. I have also been out of work as the doctor put me on disability and have been home since June. Well I am happy to report that I have broken my latest plateau and have finally made it back into my 220′s! Can you believe it??? This is down from my heaviest weight this past spring at 272!
I couldn’t believe it when I looked down at the digital scale. I stepped off, stepped back on and looked again. I started jumping right there! I was so happy! So the hard part will be not to creep back up above 230! I started a slightly (ok, somewhat) modified Paleo diet. This was something I just came across from an online friend. He told me his weightless was attributed to being on the Paleo diet and doing CrossFit. The Paleo diet basically brings eating food like the “Paleos” did. Leafy vegetables, root vegetables and basic meats and fishes – it also means no dairy (milk wasn’t meant to be beyond early breastfeeding during infancy. Large amounts of grains in our diets really didn’t come into play until agriculture came into play. For the most part in “man’s” history, agriculture is fairly a “recent” thing. So I am eating “mostly” Paleo and having grains (steel cut oatmeal) for breakfast only. I’m trying to cut as much bread and rice out. Now, the body needs carbs. A diabetic needs some carbs. Most of my carbs are coming from vegetables.
It has been an amazing last couple of months. While I am enjoying the workouts now, I’m still not seeing any “body” changes. While I have lost weight, I still only see the fat guy in the mirror. I have been working on upper body exercises but have yet to see any changes to my body. Hopefully, as I increase my weight training, I’ll start to see some muscle – eventually.
So we come to the part of this entry that is about random thoughts. It will be a free flow format, so here we go:
- Ok, the whole “girl in a football jersey wearing daisy dukes and high boots” DOES NOT WORK!
- I am falling in love with various BBC shows like Downton Abbey, Sherlock Holmes and of course, Torchwood and Doctor Who
- Dating still sucks even 45 lbs lighter
- I’m not sure how I feel about “Weldon” on Two and a Half Men (Ashton Kutchner’s new character)
- Buffy is back on television
- Austin on the A-List New York really is an ASS
- I’m having a hard time dealing with bread and rice loss
- I’ve dropped several inches on my pants – that’s AWESOME
- Thanks to my online friends on MyFitnessPals.com for the support – esp GDEZ80, LeftyMac and Peg1999
- I forgot how interesting the show NOVA is
- My mind continues to dream of opening a small cafe/bookstore – even after 10 years
- I want an iPhone 5
- Paul totally deserved to win on Hell’s Kitchen last night
- Top Chef Dallas – can you stand the wait?
- The new host of Sweet Genius on Food Network scares me
- Alton Brown comes to the Cooking Channel
- Chef Jason Quinn of The Lime Truck is totally hot!
- Not sure how I feel about the President’s plan to boost the economy
- I do however, somewhat agree about the recommendation to eliminate Saturday mail service to streamline the USPS
- For some reason I’m not all hung ho about the new season of GLEE
- I found an episode of The West Wing in my iTunes and I really miss that show
- I’m not surprised about Michaela Salahi leaving Tareq
What are life thoughts? I have no idea! I needed a third topic and that’s what I came up with to counter the Loss headline. So life is kinda good right now. With the strides I have been making on the weight loss I hope that I can keep going. My next goal is to get to 220, then 210, then 200. Wish me luck.
Being out of the office for the last several months has been quite eye-opening. I have had a lot of time to think about many things and I feel so out of touch with what is going on at the office. I’m a little scared about my transition back to the office as I have been gone now for 4 months. I know it will feel different for sure and hope that things will be ok.
My parents are doing well and keeping busy overseas. We’re hoping they are coming for the holidays as it would be great to see them. My sister Lyn and her boyfriend Cory have moved into the house with my other sister Beth as they look for a new place. The school year has started and the kids are back in classes. Dallas is a senior this year and is on the ASB Council, Sade started junior high and Toni is in the 6th grade now. Even Jessica is in school, albeit part time. She is enrolled in a small headstart program to prepare her for kindergarten next fall. My sister Beth is selling entertainment system networking products. Not sure fully what the products are, but she is having to learn networking. She keeps asking me for help, but I told her that she really needs to learn this on her own or she won’t learn it. The best way to learn is to do it herself and not be afraid to make mistakes. To be quite honest, my knowledge of Cisco IOS is somewhat limited!
Well that’s it for this entry. If any of you have questions or whatnot, please don’t hesitate to email me or leave a comment below. Have a great week everyone.
Health Status, Just Too Cute!, Personal Log